Friday, November 04, 2005

Doesn't 3 = 8?

I don't know about your town, but where I live we are overrun with Dale Earnhardt stickers. We've got all kinds: the regular little 3s, the 3s with the little wings on them and even the giant number 3s.

But lately I've also noticed that the 3 sticker isn't enough... people also seem to be compelled to have the Dale Junior "8" sticker as well. Isn't it pretty much a given that if you liked Dale Sr you like Dale Jr? The kid's Dad died a tragic death right in front of the nations eyes! Who'd even have it in them to root against the kid?

I just cant see that there are that many people saying, "sure, I loved Dale Sr, but that Dale Jr is a real fuckin prick! As much as I loved his Dad, I hate him!"

For God's sake, Dale Junior is this generations John-John!

I think it's just because people simply can't do enough to show their love for that Dale Earnhardt.

I even saw a guy in my town who has his car decked out in the full Dale Earnhardt regalia. It's a black Nascar-lookin thing with a giant 3 on each door, the advertising stickers, I mean EVERYTHING! I wouldn't be surprised if the guy gets in the thing through the window wearing the jumpsuit and helmet to drive it around. For all I know, he even grew the mustache!

Mustache and jumpsuit or not, this is maybe the craziest thing I've ever seen. Sure, this is taking that idea of wearing the team jersey or even the whole uniform 1 step further - but that's not even what makes it so crazy...

Didn't Dale Earnhardt die in a car wreck?!

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be scared shitless to drive that car near any kinda wall. I'm not saying I'm superstitious, but I'm pretty sure that's what people mean when they say some one is tempting fate.

That car makes about as much sense as going sailing on a replica of the Titanic.

I'd like to further illustrate my point, but I have to cut this entry short. My friend just finished inflating our life size model of the Hindenburg, and we have a date with a field in New Jersey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home